10. You do not need New Yorker David Letterman to tell you that a San Diego DUI lawyer must request a license hearing in San Diego within 10 days of arrest.
9. This silly time limit is calculated by DMV from date of the SUSPENSION/REVOCATION ORDER AND TEMPORARY DRIVER LICENSE.
If time is running out or you are late, contact San Diego DUI lawyer help without delay.
8. This ADMINISTRATIVE PER SE SUSPENSION/REVOCATION ORDER AND TEMPORARY DRIVER LICENSE was served by the San Diego DUI cop.
7. So if you did not receive this DMV paper, the California DMV will probably take action against your driving privileges.
6. Now in the event you have a license from another state, and even if the San Diego DUI officer did not take your license, your republic may also take action against your driving privileges.
5. This TEMPORARY DRIVER LICENSE ENDORSEMENT is valid for only thirty (30) days from the issue date.
If a DMV hearing is requested within ten (10) days, your DMV TEMPORARY will be extended & there will be a stay (delay) of any suspension until the outcome of your DMV hearing is determined.
4. Do not confuse this initial 30 day TEMPORARY DRIVER LICENSE with your court date!
The DMV and criminal proceedings are separate and independent. The outcome of one almost never affects the other. Sometimes the officer or the DMV paper confuses or misleads you to believe that the TEMPORARY DRIVER LICENSE is good “until the court date”. If there are approximately thirty (30) days from your arrest date to your court date, this may just be a dangerous coincidence. There usually are months before your DMV hearing takes place.
3. There are three (3) issues at the hearing if you completed a chemical test. (See reverse side of DMV paper.)
Issues are whether the officer had probable cause to stop or contact you or whether the chemical test evidence is beatable.
2. The DMV has the burden of proof to prevail on all three (3) issues. If DMV meets the burden of proof on two (2) issues, you win!
1. All a DMV attorney has to do is knock out one (1) DMV issue to save your license & you avoid any reissue fee and/or Proof of Insurance SR-22 filing!
If you contact DMV to schedule a date conflicting with your attorney’s calendar, DMV will not reschedule and you may not get the San Diego DUI lawyer of your choice.
Do not schedule yourself. There is no rush as long as your San Diego DUI lawyer contacts DMV by the 10th day from your arrest.