San Diego County DUI Law Center provides a free service to the public, identifying the California DUI checkpoint locations hererick
San Diego DUI Lawyers warn motorists of continuing checkpoints and drunk driving roadblocks today, Labor Day. The San Diego County DUI Law Center provides a free service to the public, identifying the California DUI checkpoint locations here.
By Sunday early morning, September 2, 2012, 46 DUI arrests were made throughout San Diego County over Labor Day holiday weekend (Friday and Saturday), attorneys are told.
California Highway Patrol’s report contains Labor Day weekend DUI statistics in San Diego:
1. The forty-six DUI arrests in San Diego County were from 6:01 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Sunday, a bit of a decrease from 2011.
2. Last year, 2011, at this time in Labor Day weekend, 58 DUI arrests were made in San Diego.
3. 2 deaths happened this weekend as a result of San Diego DUI accidents. One San Diego driver faces felony DUI charges after 5 people were hospitalized in a 2 car collision on Interstate-8 at Mission Gorge when a red sports utility vehicle traveling at least 100 mph slammed into the back of a minivan around 1 a.m. on eastbound I-8 west of Fairmount Avenue, spinning out of control and the SUV rolled several times before coming to a stop on its side.
4. California enjoyed 892 holiday weekend DUI arrests at this point.
5. In 2011, 1,008 DUI arrests were made in California at this point.