The San Diego DUI Sheriff’s Department recently teamed up with the San Diego, National City and Chula Vista Police Departments to keep DUI / drunk drivers off our roadways during the Labor Day weekend, attorneys are told in San Diego. 5 1/2 hours of expensive cop resources and zero arrests. Wow say San Diego DUI lawyers!
A special San Diego DUI checkpoint was held along the northbound lanes of the 2600 block of Highland Avenue in National City on Saturday, August 30th at 8:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. the following day.
Here are the reported San Diego DUI police “highlights” from the DUI checkpoint:
• 918 vehicles entered the checkpoint
• 722 vehicles screened
• 31 vehicles sent to a secondary screening area
• One driver evaluated for DUI
• No one arrested for DUI
• Nine citations issued for driving with a suspended license
• Three citations issued for driving without a driver’s license
• 12 vehicles towed from the checkpoint